Join the Nation’s leading & fastest growing
Student Leadership Program
Give students a jump start into the real world of leadership by offering comprehensive lessons aligned to standards and 21st century skills. Led by Co-Founder, Former Chairman and CEO of Yum! Brands and hunger advocate David Novak, the Lead2Feed Student Leadership Program is helping to fill a gap in middle and high school education by giving students the opportunity to lead, create and implement team projects designed to meet a need in their community.
What is Lead2Feed?
Empowered to Lead. Inspired to Serve.
What excites students and teachers alike are the opportunities to put leadership skills into action in their communities. Give students a jump start into the real world of leadership by offering comprehensive lessons aligned to standards and 21st century skills.
- Adopted by more than 5,000 schools and clubs across all 50 states.
- Life-long skills of leadership, collaboration, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Lesson plans that teachers can incorporate and follow at their own pace. Subject alignment guides available in member resource section – must be registered to access.
- Embeds importance of knowing yourself and discovering your strengths. Lesson 1 starts with “Be Your Best Self”.
- Develop listening, communicating, and writing skills. Alignment with 21st Century Skills and Literacy guidelines.
- Problem-solving and project-based learning. Put new leadership skills into action by “Feeding the Need in your community”.
- Ability to earn community service hours through a project designed by the team.
- Experience working with a 501c3 of choice. Understanding the true need in your community by aligning with an organization set up to serve.
- Learn how to break big tasks into smaller pieces to accomplish a goal as a team. The Lead2Feed Student Leadership Program teaches a proven process for a lifetime of compassionate leadership.
- 3 Milestone check-in points keeps team encouraged to the end by earning badges and pre-filling Challenge Submission Form.
- Submit project discoveries/outcomes and discoveries for opportunity to win grants for your partnered charity and technology grants for your school or youth club.
- The Lead2Feed Challenge was created by the Foundation for Impact on Literacy and Learning and the Lift a Life Foundation, with assistance from the Yum! Foundation, to encourage middle and high school students to hone leadership skills by giving students the opportunity to lead, create and implement team projects designed to meet a need in their community involving a public non-profit 501c3.