During this program, you will acquire and practice important skills that will mold you into a strong leader in this and all future endeavors. You will learn to know yourself, work with a team, create a vision and believe in your ability to reach that future vision. You are about to embark on a journey that not only has the potential to make big things happen in your community and the world, but also in your very own life!
- The program can be completed, under the guidance of a teacher or club adviser for students in 6-12th grades. You must be 13 years or older and to gain direct access to the videos, lessons, and resources (this is not a requirement) you may register here. Your teacher will also have access to all the lessons, videos and resources.
- Your teacher/advisor needs to register to gain access to the contest submission forms.
- Work through the lessons as a team (of three or more) to learn about yourself as a leader and how to work collaboratively to accomplish a goal.
- Develop a service project that will help a need in your community (as guided in the lessons) and you may track your service hours if needed. Service hours can be used to meet other requirements for school too!
- Follow the Milestones and submission guidelines. You may need to complete some of the lessons or some of your action plan for your project outside of the classroom. This might be done as homework, club time, or lunch hour, Be sure to plan with your teacher (while looking at a calendar) the deadlines for each lesson, milestone, and project part so you get done in time. Your teacher will be there to support your efforts and give you guidance along the way. Communication is the key! Remember it is all due by the first Friday in April to compete for the grants!
- Have your teacher complete the final Lead2Feed Challenge submission to have a chance to win! There are multiple awards ranging from grants to tech products that your team will be eligible to win for your non-profit organization partner and for your school.
Please remember to read all of the challenge rules on the website to be sure you have everything you need to submit your project for one of these awards. Remember, the Lead2Feed lessons are about putting your leadership and teamwork skills to work. We can’t wait to see what you can do to make BIG things happen!