Leadership + Service intersect for measurable results
Lead2Feed is completely aligned with the goals you need to meet in the classroom. From alignment to Common Core to alignment with NCTE and NCSS – this program will help you achieve your learning objectives while exciting students to use and retain what they learn. Our alignment to 21st Century Skills is evident throughout the lessons.
If your focus is Service Learning – Lead2Feed is the perfect, free, off the shelf program to empower students to use their leadership skills to serve others.
The Lesson Plans – packaged in a 10-Lesson or 6-Lesson Track – contain content adapted for most subject areas, providing clear instruction on Leadership while inspiring students to Feed the Need in their community and the world by serving others.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to shape the leaders of tomorrow while effectively meeting your teaching goals.
Enter the Lead2Feed Leadership Challenge
Look for ideas? Check out Project ideas
- Be full-time students in grades 6-12 of a public, private or charter middle school or high school
- Be residents of one of the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia or Guam
- Complete all ten Lead2Feed lessons
- Select a 501c3 charity with which to partner for their project
- Work in teams of at least three
- Have a teacher or adult advisor work with them during their project
Entries must include:
- A completed Lead2Feed Challenge Entry Form, including complete and specific
responses to each question.
- A minimum of 3 photos of the team in action completing their project;
- 2 written student reflections on their experience with the Lead2Feed Challenge; and
- A video of the team in action on their project or describing the project and outcomes.
- Identify the Qualified Charity which must be an organization described in Section
501c3 of the Internal Revenue Code and classified as a public charity under Section
509 of the Internal Revenue Code) (a “Qualified Charity”). The Qualified Charities
which are selected for one of the Lead2Feed prizes must submit an IRS tax
determination letter documenting the 501c3 and public charity status of the
Entry submission dates:
- Projects are accepted all year. Final project submissions may be made at any time, but not later than April 7, 2017.
A panel of qualified judges selected by the Foundation for Impact on Literacy and Learning, Lift a Life Foundation, Yum! Brands Foundation will judge all eligible entries according to the following criteria:
- Strategy: Project clearly states goals and action plan
- Structure: Effective use of the right resources and processes to meet goal and execute plan
- Culture: Creation of a supportive, engaging and encouraging team environment
- Leadership and Teamwork 25%
- Creativity and Innovation of the solution 25%
- Impact on Defined problem or need (results, projected or actual) 25%
Judging for theLead2Feed Challenge will be completed on or about May 15, 2017
$275,000 in prizes will be awarded to the non-profit organizations the winning teams supported as a part of their projects.
- Up to 50 teams will win from $20,000 to $1,000 for their charity
- Up to 50 teams will win from $10,000 to $1,000 in tech products for their school or youth club.
- Winning teams will be announced on or about May 15, 2017.