Lessons aligned with State Standards
Lead2Feed is an innovative program that educates students about leadership and the issue of need in their community through leadership activities. The lessons in the program have been carefully aligned to the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts. This alignment allows teachers to plan strategically to incorporate the Lead2Feed lessons seamlessly into their classroom while still meeting district, state and national standards. Refer to the chart below to determine the standards covered in each lesson. The chart (below) lists the Common Core State Standards covered in each individual lesson and can be accessed in the resource section.
Common Core State Standards Alignment
College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Reading
1. Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.
7. Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse formats and media, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words.
College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Writing
3. Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, well-chosen details and well structured event sequences.
6. Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.
7. Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
8. Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, assess the credibility and accuracy of each source, and integrate the information while avoiding plagiarism.
9. Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.
College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Speaking and Listening
1. Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively.
2. Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
3. Evaluate a speaker’s point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric.
5. Make strategic use of digital media and visual displays of data to express information and enhance understanding of presentations.
College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Language
1. Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
3. Apply knowledge of language to understand how language functions in different contexts, to make effective choices for meaning or style, and to comprehend more fully when reading or listening.